Help with new stereo installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GmcYukon99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used a universal gm car stereo wire harness to install my sony CDX-GT250MP into my 1999 yukon denali. When i tried to play music from the radio, there was no sound or static. I then used my ipod and a Cd but nothing happened. No sound coming from any of my speakers. I also took back out the sony radio and put the stock radio back in and the speakers worked fine.

Any help would be great thanks

Last edited:

denali02

Reaction score
also you may have to tap your amp wire into the remote because thats what i had to do had the same problem

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
There should be a pink wire in the wiring harness that led to the oem radio when voltage is supplied to it Itshould activate the amp relay. However it should not effect all the speakers unless you have luxury option in which case it will.

Diller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should be a pink wire in the wiring harness that led to the oem radio when voltage is supplied to it Itshould activate the amp relay. However it should not effect all the speakers unless you have luxury option in which case it will.

He does have the Luxury Option, as he has a Denali.

Diller
'99 Yukon
'08 Hummer H3

OP
OP
G

GmcYukon99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok a few more questions. wheres the amp and whats the quickest way to get to it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rideredin602