Help car wont start or do anything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 2007.5 sierra was working perfectly fine all of a sudden i turned it off try turning it on to no avail windows radio ac controls nothing is responding I don’t even hear the fuel pump or the starter tick nothing flip the key and nothing happens please help!!

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 2007.5 sierra was working perfectly fine all of a sudden i turned it off try turning it on to no avail windows radio ac controls nothing is responding I don’t even hear the fuel pump or the starter tick nothing flip the key and nothing happens please help!!
Check the battery connections.

OP
OP
mr tahoe

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did that nothing happened
Took the fuse box out cleaned it and all

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't just "check" your battery connections. Actually disconnect the positive and negative wires and reconnect them.

You obviously have no power. It's a bad battery, or a bad connection.

Or, try jumpstarting it.

gregoryj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had that happen last fall with my 07 Impala. Things showed power , battery OK, but many various things won't work: engine wouldn't turn over, power windows
wouldn't work, trunk release no working, dash display comes on delayed , key won't come out, radio not working , door locks not working, and some other things.
It turned out to be the BCM circuit. I ordered a used one off EBay from the same year and model of car and same part #. Installed, then everything worked
again but radio was locked and engine service light was on, code saying to re-align timing sensor( I think cam but not sure). Anyway, at least I could drive
40 miles to closest GM dealer to reprogram the BCM for the car and do the alignment for the sensor, then all was good. The used BCM was $65,
dealer re-setting things was $50. This may not be your problem, but worth considering if
no fault is found with the power/battery system.

Last edited:

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Battery, battery connection or ignition switch (least likely)

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Check the 175 amp mega fuse on the firewall by the battery. It's highly unlikely that it is blown but the connections on either end could need cleaning/tightening.

OP
OP
mr tahoe

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals I’ve tried everything mentioned above to no avail
Im stomped here
Literally nothing happens the dash wont even light checked engine fuse box its got power and everything but the one inside the cab is completely dead...

OP
OP
mr tahoe

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay kinda odd i was fiddling with the Sierra and nothing was working so i kinda got mad and punched the airbag and the horn beeped !!!
So apparently there is power i guess ??
Im just really oddly confused
Please any help

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have you had the battery tested? it may put out enough voltage to beep a horn but not start or do anything else.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy