HELP: Best Bluetooth on a Double Din...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rosario Estrada

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey sorry hant posted pic but cant seem to be able to post them on here but theres pics in my album of the stereo and the mic. i have it above my rear view mirror and i hav never hed any problems with people hearing me, and i have it on both my trucks.

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

blog
Here a site that shows u all about the alpine 910. good luck deciding!

OP
OP
jdixon74

jdixon74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have also had a pioneer head unit where the mic was quite picky about where it needed to be placed for best reception. After people saying they could not here me I found the sweet spot and no problems since.

I think the key is an external mic. All the units i've seen with built in mic's seem to not be able to hear very good making them useless. And i think the optimal spot would be where the onstar mic is mounted up top near the front of window. All the factory BT mics are mounted here also.

With all the responses i haven't figured out a good head unit but i have narrowed it down to external BT/Mic at least is gonna be best for calls/reception. I think all the BT works good with music no matter what it is. I have a cheap sumas unit now and the music streams great but the voice sucks big time (built in mic). Now the other issue would be profiles for the BT. I want to be able to connect my contacts/music library etc to be on the screen....

Rosario Estrada

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have pics of the mic and stereoon my album cant figure out how to post them on here but i think u can look at my album. i always call my wife and i never have prblems hearing her. alpine 910BT.

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed a pioneer p3300bt in mine and am extremely pleased, I mounted the mic on the pillar right by drivers window and I have had no problems, plus I got it brand new for @$300. I can also use my iphone to run navigation, pandora and netflix live on the screen

SC88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this head unit in my Burban and absolutely love it....

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500INAW90B/Alpine-INA-W900BT.html?search=w900bt

I will admit it seem to work better with my old iphone 3gs then my new droid but it still allows for bluetooth streaming and phone calling. With the Iphone everything could be controlled through the stereo vs now it done through the phone.

I mounted the mic up by the factory mic and don't have complaints about road or wind noise. I would recommend the head unit to anyone looking for Dvd/navi/mp3/ipod & iphone & backup capabilities all in one.... the screen also tilts to help with glare from the sun.

I Can post up pictures later if you'd like

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YETI the Yukon