Help!!!! 1995 Chevy Tahoe 1500 Unable to bleed the brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

preinternet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My worker bleed the master cylinder and installed it but I am not 100 convinced he got all the air out initially. I ended disconnecting the brake lines to the mc and did a second bleed and then plugged the ports and tested the system with engine running - firm peddle. Yester day we put it on jack stands and tried to run it but could get the 4wd to engage hence no front rotating. I do have a spot to take it to and do a road test/ abs activation which is what I will do.

I am still unclear if one can do the abs bleed via a scanner on this 1995 model. As for vacuum bleeding I have not had good luck with that in the past but willing to review. I have the pressure bleeder dialed in now but slow flow at 15psi.

Probably should take it to a shop but even the one I spoke with was skeptical... this is what happens when you do a job like this for free
Start at the too Bleed down meaning every where there's anything that has a fitting run motor with all the vacuum lines engaged you can turn of the truck if you don't have pedal once below split and bleed normally if you still don't have pedal gravity bleed make sure everything is tight before starting and obd1 ism pretty sure that a scan tool will do you no good hope this helped

preinternet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Start at the too Bleed down meaning every where there's anything that has a fitting run motor with all the vacuum lines engaged you can turn of the truck if you don't have pedal once below split and bleed normally if you still don't have pedal gravity bleed make sure everything is tight before starting and obd1 ism pretty sure that a scan tool will do you no good hope this helped
There is a procedure in the books for a 1995 TBI 5.7 sorry about that

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the problem people are having bleeding brakes and getting a good pedal, or as good as GM designed it. I just replaced 2 steel lines on the rear of our 97 after having one rust out and blow out. No problem gravity bleeding and then having a helper pump the pedal while I cracked the bleeders. Never hooked my scan tool to it and pedal is fine.
If you want a better pedal you can change to the later model MC and the firmness of the pedal will be improved. But it will only work if you already have the rest of the system working properly. Be realistic, these trucks are 1/4 of a century old, everything is worn out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jj87