Hello from Eastern NC!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevymec

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found the site after searching for the correct quick strut for my 2007 Z71 Tahoe. Yes I am still searching the forum as my eyes are starting to cross! The Tahoe has been great. 226k miles as of right now and we bought it at 82kish in 2011. It was 1 family owned as I bought it from the son as he had bought it from his mom. It also was sold from the dealership that I was working at when it was new so I have done almost all repairs and servicing since new.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found the site after searching for the correct quick strut for my 2007 Z71 Tahoe. Yes I am still searching the forum as my eyes are starting to cross! The Tahoe has been great. 226k miles as of right now and we bought it at 82kish in 2011. It was 1 family owned as I bought it from the son as he had bought it from his mom. It also was sold from the dealership that I was working at when it was new so I have done almost all repairs and servicing since new.
Welcome from Florida! Some of my fondest memories of North Carolina come from Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach.

What kind of work at the dealership do you specialize in?

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Welcome buddy! I’m also in Eastern nc around the Beaufort/Morehead city area! Need any help give me a shout! Monroe’s were ok for the front struts I ran them for a year maybe before I swapped out again I’m currently saving up for some fox or king shocks now!
226k miles your golden! My Tahoe is over 400,000 miles now! And if I fixed the leaking water pump oil pickup tube and coil pack I bet you money I could get another 100,000 out of her

OP
OP
Chevymec

Chevymec

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!
@swathdiver I was at a Chevy dealership for 9.5 years. We were closed up in '09 when GM went bankrupt and cut dealerships. We were a small dealership so we had to do it all. I liked going into 4l60e's as I replaced a good amount of sunshells and reaction gears. Also like engine work. I mean who doesn't like working on LS's! Opened my own shop at my house after that untill 2014 and now work on Transit buses, dump trucks, garbage trucks for my local municipality so I don't get much light duty work any more.

@Trey Hardy I'm in Jacksonvlle. The engine is in need of oil leaks repaired and is gonna need a DOD delete. The lifters are bleeding down after it sits for a while. This is the kid hauler so it doesn't stop for much. You know Jamie Parker?

@OR VietVet I have a coworker from Eugene.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!
@swathdiver I was at a Chevy dealership for 9.5 years. We were closed up in '09 when GM went bankrupt and cut dealerships. We were a small dealership so we had to do it all. I liked going into 4l60e's as I replaced a good amount of sunshells and reaction gears. Also like engine work. I mean who doesn't like working on LS's! Opened my own shop at my house after that untill 2014 and now work on Transit buses, dump trucks, garbage trucks for my local municipality so I don't get much light duty work any more.

@Trey Hardy I'm in Jacksonvlle. The engine is in need of oil leaks repaired and is gonna need a DOD delete. The lifters are bleeding down after it sits for a while. This is the kid hauler so it doesn't stop for much. You know Jamie Parker?

Oh yea I’ve known Jamie Parker since like 2011 he’s been my tuner for every single Chevy I have owned and he’s great at what he does! He’s just hard to get ahold of now a days he’s so busy I usually meet up with him to his grandmas over the weekend when he is off work from his fulltime job.
Jamie actually just tuned out my Tahoes dod I’ve never changed the lifters and I’ve got them to 400k miles but I’ve had a couple stick on my “collapse” i got them free with marvel mystery oil but that’s just a bandaid a dod delete with a cam of your choice is the long term solution that’s why I am dod deleting this motor I got before I put it in the Tahoe along with all new gaskets and seals

You said you work on busses and stuff now I’m assuming you work with Jamie at the repair shop? lol ain’t he one of the higher ups in there now? He just tuned my new truck the other day and they had him out for a couple months where he broke his hand working on a truck

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

Worked in and ran independent shops for 40+ years and am now retired but still work on the side in my garage. May be doing a part time thing at a friend's shop soon but money is still to be discussed. I was laid off from the shops during that same economy dump and collected unemployment for close to 2.5 years and turned wrenches at home. Then in the self storage business and still turned wrenches and then retired from there and still keep the dust off my tools. Never been drawn to working on the big trucks.

OP
OP
Chevymec

Chevymec

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh yea I’ve known Jamie Parker since like 2011 he’s been my tuner for every single Chevy I have owned and he’s great at what he does! He’s just hard to get ahold of now a days he’s so busy I usually meet up with him to his grandmas over the weekend when he is off work from his fulltime job.
Jamie actually just tuned out my Tahoes dod I’ve never changed the lifters and I’ve got them to 400k miles but I’ve had a couple stick on my “collapse” i got them free with marvel mystery oil but that’s just a bandaid a dod delete with a cam of your choice is the long term solution that’s why I am dod deleting this motor I got before I put it in the Tahoe along with all new gaskets and seals

You said you work on busses and stuff now I’m assuming you work with Jamie at the repair shop? lol ain’t he one of the higher ups in there now? He just tuned my new truck the other day and they had him out for a couple months where he broke his hand working on a truck
I don't work with Jamie. I met him back when he had a brown 2nd gen camaro and I bought the engine/trans out if it. The man hustles for sure! I think he works for DOT. I'm with Jville.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fagnerbnm