Heater core flush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wafflecakes13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever flushed their heatwr core? Having a pain getting off one of the hoses next to the firewall. Went and bought the special "fuel line" fitting and still can't budge it. Anyone?

Colby_e32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I flushed mine, pretty simple. used some clear 5/8" tubing, 1 3/4" water hose barb fitting, connected it to the hose, ran one line into a bucket, the other was connected to the hose, i had no front heat, but my back heat worked fine.

i removed the clamps on the lines, and slid them off the plastic fittings, i didn't mess with that quick disconnect mess up near the firewall, even though a fuel line disconnect tool will work, its more of a pain. you can always take the hoses loose down near the radiator as well, theres a water neck down there they both connect to.

OP
OP
wafflecakes13

wafflecakes13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I finally got that connector off and did the flush. To my surprise it looked straight clear running in and out and I reversed it to make sure to get everything out. But no trash, no coolant, was clear as could be running through. Isn't there supposed to be coolant in there???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401