Heater connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
I have an 07 Tahoe with front and rear heat. I started smelling some weird odor the other day and then a day later noticed some smoking from under the hood. Got out an checked and it looked like it was coming from the pass side by heater core. Once I opened the hood I knew it was coolant burning. After wiggling some stuff around found that it's one of the hoses that connects to the heater core. I had a few drops come from the connector itself. It seems that there are a few different part number for these quick disconnects. Have to order everything and don't want to order the wrongs ones. Any help would be good other than that I'll just order all of them and should be able to get the right ones. Also need to order the correct tool for the quick disconnects. I have a set but it does not seem to be the right tool for the job. Parts store was no help as well.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Is it a quick disconnect or is it. Crimped piece of metal. I know on my rear heater hose they were crimped. The were corroded and started leaking. I carefully cut off the metal, bought some hose clamps and barbed hose connectors. Problem solved for me

OP
OP
AppocAlexx

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
yea all four pieces are the quick disconnects. two L pieces that go to the heater core and then 2 single pieces that are connected to the hoses them selves. I will have to cut off the crimped part and use hose clamps for the new single pieces.

OP
OP
AppocAlexx

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
The problem I was having is the single connectors have two types and im not sure which one they would be. I will have to order 2 of them and if I order 2 of each then I will have 2 that would not work im guessing. Or the two different part numbers being two different manufactures will both work. I have only found 1 part number for each of the L connectors so those should be good, just the issue with the singles.

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I did mine, i got 1 dorman 800-413, 1 dorman 800-414, new gates heater hoses, quick connect fittings that would go into each heater hose and connect to the tee's, and 2 hose clamps. I can't seem to find the fitting part numbers that went into the heater hoses and clamped on at the moment. I know they were dorman as well. One heater hose from the factory had a crimped on quick connect fitting and wasn't long enough when i cut it off to reach the tee. One heater hose is just 5/8 bulk heater hose, the other one is molded part number 22554.
IMG_8982.jpg
IMG_8983.jpg
IMG_8984.jpg

OP
OP
AppocAlexx

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
awesome thanks @mizzouguy just what I was hoping to find. These quick disconnects look odd to me tho. Iv messed with the ones that use the tools to slide in and release from the connections but these almost look like you have to use the white tabs and press them in to make the release action work. Did you use a tool, cut them off or a different way to get them off?

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I very carefully used a hacksaw to cut off my originals, being careful not to get into the metal pipe and just cut the plastic. It wouldnt have been my first choice but it happened when I was nowhere near my tools. The correct tool, I believe, is the kind that slides in like you are used to. I tried squeezing the white tabs and couldnt get mine to release.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine with a Dorman quick connect from Advance auto parts. The old one was very brittle and leaking. I was able to use some wire cutters and I just cut the old one off by nibbling it away with the wire cutters. It cut very easily since it was so brittle.
Then my brothers Tahoe had the same problem, so we got the quick disconnect and it was the wrong one. He has rear air also, but its different in his Tahoe. I have rear air and heat, his has the panels with only the fan controls. Not sure what difference that makes, but it used a bigger quick disconnect on the heater core. The computer at the parts store had three listed, so I took what was left of his original connector and matched it up as best I could. So just be aware of that, there are several different sized connectors.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my rig into the dealer this am and, lol and behold, he tells me one of the quick connectors is failing. He wanted $400 to repair it; I said no thanks. Ha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denali21