Heated Seat Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trandy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have an 03 z71 with heated seat issues. If i push either button on either seat it lights up for a split second and then goes back out, at this time I also hear a click under the driver seat - and thats it. I did find a burned out element in the back portion of the driver seat and replaced both elements, I unplugged the adjustable pedel position sensor and that did nothing, from other posts i gather the next step is unplugging the seat recline position sensor but I cant find anything to tell me where it is, anyone know? Its worth noting that the adjustable pedals do not work either, any other ideas welcome, thanks in advance.

OP
OP
T

Trandy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So today was an unusually nice day outside so i did some more work on the truck, replaced both knock sensors and back to this seat issue, everything works smooth on the seat, recline, lumbar, forward and back are all smooth, leading me to believe the recline position sensor is probably not the answer. I believe the adjustable pedals not working are probably related to my heated seats not working but im not sure, i dont really care about the pedals as much but would like to have my seats back, any ideas?

CTown LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the pedals not working could be related to your issue. Does your memory seat setting still work? Those three items are all tied together.

I do recall having an issue with our previous Tahoe's seat heater and the fix was a new switch.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Trandy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, the memory seat function still works, if i push either setting "1" or "2" the seat moves smooth.

Wrisktaker1

Reaction score
if anybody has any answers i'll appreciate them too as my seat heater is not working and dont want to take it to a dealer for repairs, how much does something like that cost to repair?

OP
OP
T

Trandy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Today I unbolted both seats and unhooked both recline sensors, still no go, still have the click and lights come on for a split second and go right back off, I think Im going to try the door switch next, unless anyone has any other ideas? After the switch its just the seat module right? The module just seems unlikely to me as all power and memory options work fine.

Mr.Joshua

Reaction score
I was having the same issues for a while. This is a post I made in another thread for my fix. One more thing to check out at least.

"I was having the same issue of neither seat working, or randomly one or the other would work. I pulled the drivers seat out and checked every connection. The main power wire (red wire) to the seat had scorched the inside of the white plastic connector. The pin was totally brown from the heat and only that pin. After making sure my wife wasn't watching ("her" ride) I cut the wire on both sides of the factory connector and spliced it back together. After getting it all put back together they began working again... for a month. Now the drivers side elements are shot so I'm replacing them, no biggy. Hope this may work for you or at least give you something to check on. I was pumped when I found the scorch mark!"

OP
OP
T

Trandy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I pulled both seats out of the truck, took both seat bottomsoff and unplugged every connector on the seat, found no hot spots at all. I did manage to get ahold of a scanner and had 5 dtc's in the seat module, found the pefal sensor voltage out of range so i unhooked it again, now I only have 2 dtc's - b3606 pedal sensor (obviously) and b2430 rf heater circuit - this only shows up after a seat heater button is pushed, i dont see any broken or rubbed wires, any ideas? Getting closer

OP
OP
T

Trandy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got it! After tracing the circuit all the way from the passenger seat to the memory module I finally found a shady repair to sone wiring in the driver seat harness, repaired it and both seats now work! Glad that is over!

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it! After tracing the circuit all the way from the passenger seat to the memory module I finally found a shady repair to sone wiring in the driver seat harness, repaired it and both seats now work! Glad that is over!
Good find. You shoulda posted some pics of the Bubba Electrical wiring. We always appreciate a good laugh!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz