Heated Seat Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjd3004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm having some trouble with the drivers heated seat in my 2004 Yukon Denali. Seat heater will come on when the button is pushed but will only stay on for a short time, say one minute tops, the first time its pushed. After it turns off, if you push the button it will come back on but only stays on for a few seconds. I thought at first it was going out when I hit a bump but tried it in the driveway and same thing happens. Anybody had this happen before?

big_b_in_PA

Billy Badass
Reaction score
Your heater element is bad. It heats up to a point of maximum resistance, then shuts off, and each time you try after that, it's already at it's max point until it cools off enough to close the circuit again.

OP
OP
T

tjd3004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your heater element is bad. It heats up to a point of maximum resistance, then shuts off, and each time you try after that, it's already at it's max point until it cools off enough to close the circuit again.

So the heater element would be the pad under the leather? Thanks for the help!

big_b_in_PA

Billy Badass
Reaction score
Yeah that's the one. They are around 45-55 on amazon, and I'm sure you can check eBay for possibly cheaper prices.

OP
OP
T

tjd3004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody know if the heating pads for the rear seats are the same as the fronts? Rear seats never get used so I'd like to use those pads if possible..

SteveCZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody know if the heating pads for the rear seats are the same as the fronts? Rear seats never get used so I'd like to use those pads if possible..

as far as i know theyre the same. i only find bottom heating pads, or back. nothing seperating front or rear