Headlights off while in gear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lilmac

Reaction score
Is it possible to turn off headlights while in gear(D or R)? I can't seem to perform this function. I know I can turn the knob to the left and disable headlights, but only in PARK. I can also switch to running/parking light and turn on the fogs, but once I switch the vehicle in gear the headlights come on.

OP
OP
L

lilmac

Reaction score
I don't want to be driving in the dark with no headlights. What I really wanted to do was turn the knob to parking lights and activate the fogs without having the headlights come on as well(in gear). I'm able to do this in my Trailblazer.

Tregs

Reaction score
I went out and messed with this since I want to be able to idle through crowded neighborhoods looking at Christmas lights without the headlights on.
I'm able to put the truck in drive then move the switch to off, then move it to the parking lamp position and turn on the fogs.
Headlights are off, parking lights on, fogs on. I hardly use the fogs. I have an SLT.

OP
OP
L

lilmac

Reaction score
I went out and messed with this since I want to be able to idle through crowded neighborhoods looking at Christmas lights without the headlights on.
I'm able to put the truck in drive then move the switch to off, then move it to the parking lamp position and turn on the fogs.
Headlights are off, parking lights on, fogs on. I hardly use the fogs. I have an SLT.

Were you able to turn off headlights in gear? I wonder if it's because my vehicle used to be a fleet from Canada?

sam123

Reaction score
Were you able to turn off headlights in gear? I wonder if it's because my vehicle used to be a fleet from Canada?
Because of Canadian law, your running lights will always be on when in D or R regardless of the position your light switch is in

OP
OP
L

lilmac

Reaction score
Are you talking about the DRL's? I get that. I want to turn off the headlight though. On the 2015's, the DRLs are a separate led and not the headlight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts