Headlights...HID, HIR, or the new LED...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kills the option for 4+hi no?

If I understand you right, no

What I mean is this, the stock headlight setup: (all single)

(Lo) (hi) ==============(hi) (Lo)

My new set up:
Bi.
(Lo/Hi) (hi) =========== (hi) (Lo/hi)

This way we can get from the front 4 Hi head lights! Using the same power as the stock! (The Bi xenon uses only one ballast for each side)

The single hi beam well be controlled by a switch from the inside to act like an off road light!

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 AM ----------

My only problem is how to switch to hi beam without turning off the low beam!

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put some 6k HID's in my Denali low beam, very...very white light with the tiniest hint of blue. I would have to say 96% white and 4% blue. I like them and I hate the bright *** blue lights when people don't know how to aim them properly. these hit in the same place and have a crisp cutoff.
I know your talking about the OBS, but it just threw it out there.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put some 6k HID's in my Denali low beam, very...very white light with the tiniest hint of blue. I would have to say 96% white and 4% blue. I like them and I hate the bright *** blue lights when people don't know how to aim them properly. these hit in the same place and have a crisp cutoff.
I know your talking about the OBS, but it just threw it out there.

Nice, personally I would never chose above 4500K as you said it is matter of taste so great :)

david98

Reaction score
I have 100 watt super white bulbs in both hi and lows. I love them got them on ebay for $12 for both if i remember right

Sent from my XT881 using Tapatalk

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
If I understand you right, no

What I mean is this, the stock headlight setup: (all single)

(Lo) (hi) ==============(hi) (Lo)

My new set up:
Bi.
(Lo/Hi) (hi) =========== (hi) (Lo/hi)

This way we can get from the front 4 Hi head lights! Using the same power as the stock! (The Bi xenon uses only one ballast for each side)

The single hi beam well be controlled by a switch from the inside to act like an off road light!

---------- Post added at 05:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 AM ----------

My only problem is how to switch to hi beam without turning off the low beam!

Ok that would work. As far as triggering the separate inners while keeping the outers you can use this simple kit. I have one but have not installed it because I have not settled on materials choice for an auxiliary power distribution system yet. http://www.painlessperformance.com/webcatalog/lv.php?sl=30802

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------

I have 100 watt super white bulbs in both hi and lows. I love them got them on ebay for $12 for both if i remember right

I see melted housings and wiring in your future.

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
^^^^On top of the fact that 55w is the highest legal wattage for forward lighting on a street legal vehicle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

david98

Reaction score
I haven't had a problem yet with them. No melted housings or wiring and haven't got stopped for them and cops round here are real big dicks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jsimon