Headlight/foglight options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eidens13

Reaction score
Trying to figure out what to do with my headlights and foglights on my 2008 Yukon. I'm not doing a retrofit so don't suggest. It's either:

New Halogens for both
Halogen headlights and LED fogs
HID headlights and LED fogs
Or HIDs all around

Just wasted to get your expert opinions on what I will be happiest with?
Also do I do yellow fogs or white to match the headlights?

Thanks and sorry for beating a dead horse on this topic!

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fogs: Stock doesn't really produce any useful light, LEDs will just look pretty but will not help with output. I ran HIDs in them for awhile and they put out a TON of light, but actually felt bad running them b/c they were so bright (bright during the day even; make sure to get 25w to avoid melting). Yellow or not is going to just be up to you and what look you want.

Headlights: I run HIDs in stock headlights now. I can't say I can see much more than I could with the stock halogens, but I can see better in the rain at least due to things glowing and of course it looks better.

RSI Motorsports

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Trying to figure out what to do with my headlights and foglights on my 2008 Yukon. I'm not doing a retrofit so don't suggest. It's either:

New Halogens for both
Halogen headlights and LED fogs
HID headlights and LED fogs
Or HIDs all around

Just wasted to get your expert opinions on what I will be happiest with?
Also do I do yellow fogs or white to match the headlights?

Thanks and sorry for beating a dead horse on this topic!

If you want the most light output, then do HID headlights. From my experience HID in the fogs is more cosmetic than anything and that's just because of the way the beam pattern in fogs hits the road, you won't see much benefit from HID compared to a high power LED fog light bulb or halogen bulb. That being said there are some pretty nice High power LED fog light options out there as we as LED headlight options. If you want some more info on high power LED fog light options, let me know as I do sell them, along with HID kits too. I am running a special since I am new sponsor and will be offering one of the LED fog light options at cost for one customer. Just head over to my sponsored page.

blkonblk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stop wasting your money on HIDs, if you going to keep this truck for a while, do a retrofit and I guarantee you you will not regret it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts