hd head light harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
almost done making my own hd harness. the relays mount to the drivers batt tray on the inside. power wire is 10g split to both relays and fuses on each. 14 gauge wire to new headlight plugs and the grounds. no alteration of stock harness done too. sodlered in a diode between low and high trigger for 4 high mod instead of relay should get rid of flicker. measured 14.4 volts at batt and 13 volt at stock headlight plug, so loss of 1.4ish volts. when done ill measure again and see if it improves. have pictures of inprocess but need more wire for high beams and to pick up one more head light plug from junk yard and swap them to 14 guage

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i got the other 2 plugs for high beam today and got it finished. used to bulbs to make sockets so its all plug and play no modification of the facotry. havent used volt meter too see the diff but now no more flicker when i go to high with the 4 high with a diode instead of a relay. should of measured more before i did the wire lengths but it all worked out in the end first try lol

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 high can be done many ways. i made an upgraded headlight harness for mine with bigger wire and the lights get power from battery instead of headlight switch. the 4 high i did was just with a diode between the low and high beam trigger wires. you could do that to yours easily or do it with a relay as well. someone on gmt400 makes the harness with built in 4 high like i did for 100 bucks i think i did mine for maybe 20 bucks

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the easiest place to solder it would probably be were there wires run along the drivers side fender. take out the wires from the loom and the light brown is the low beam and green high. the diode should be pointing towards the low beam. the silver line towards low or the way it flows. this way the current can flow back to the low beams from the high but once in low beam it cannot go the opposite way. i can get pictures if ya need

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
Ok I might grab you think I could just cut the wires and splice or also strip the wire and then add it in that way to test and see if it works? I found those wires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XL Yukon