Has anyone had the service center turn off the AFM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weber Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's to bad that the Range device wasn't designed with an on/off switch So you wouldn't have to remove it all the time to avoid battery drain.

muldoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, I was a couple days too late i reading this post. It makes the truck so much nicer and smoother to drive, I really can't stand when it is not plugged in.
I was nervous about the tune with having to reflash to OE every time it goes into the shop for repairs/updates.
It's to bad that the Range device wasn't designed with an on/off switch So you wouldn't have to remove it all the time to avoid battery drain.

muldoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had my Range unit plugged into my truck for the last eight months and have never experienced any type of electrical or battery drain problem--and it's seen some challenging weather conditions over that time span.

OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my Range unit plugged into my truck for the last eight months and have never experienced any type of electrical or battery drain problem--and it's seen some challenging weather conditions over that time span.
Really? I like to hear this. It does make the Yukon perfect imo.

muldoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Really? I like to hear this. It does make the Yukon perfect imo.
Some vehicles have a Security Light that is often on or blinking. I don't think the Range device would pull any more electrical power than such a factory installed item. If there are problems with that much power being pulled from the battery, I would suspect something other than the Range unit

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So If I ordered one of these, would I have to do anything to the Tahoe before I bring in in for service? Or is it just a simply unplug it and everything is back to factory?

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think the violent shaking over 75 would be resolved by AFM deactivation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I removed mine with a Tuner and my 2016 Yukon is smooth way into triple d digits ... prior to removal I had the vibration any time I was in V4 mode over 50.

muldoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So If I ordered one of these, would I have to do anything to the Tahoe before I bring in in for service? Or is it just a simply unplug it and everything is back to factory?

That's all there is to it. Just remove from OBD port before arriving at dealership, stick it in your pocket, reinstall after service. All is good.

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's all there is to it. Just remove from OBD port before arriving at dealership, stick it in your pocket, reinstall after service. All is good.

Got mine in today. Tahoe runs so much nicer. No more boom and drone from that crappy v4 mode. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dev00

Latest posts