Has anyone changed the lights on the stock radio?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone has replaced the lights in the stock radio, mine are slowly burning out and I can't see it at night anymore. Are they even replaceable? Yes, I know its like shining a turd, i could just get a new HU, but I'm really fine with my stock system and I like keeping the looks that it has.

OP
OP
B

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That no biggie for me, I just wanted to make sure its possible. Have you done it before? How'd it go?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took a stock radio apart, in my opinion, buy a new one. Not worth the time and I think the bulbs are $8 each or so.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can be done, but for the cost of the bulbs (plus solder and a soldering iron if you don't already have it) its not worth the hassle IMO. If you are certain you want to tackle it, try using white LEDs instead. They are the same price if not cheaper, and will last a lot longer. Or use colored LEDs if you want to upgrade the rest of your dash lighting to all match.

OP
OP
B

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I found an thread on another forum for switching out the white l.e.d's and it had a link to a site selling hem for $1 each. I'm probably just gonna do that because I don't plan on changing the HU soon...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019