Guys guys look :p

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You keep talking about climbing off the rollers, are you referring to a Mustang Dyno?

It would seem to be difficult to walk off of a DynoJet. The drums are huge.

“Since the dynojet measures power based on acceleration, this shorter pull has much lower resolution than a longer, higher gear pull, which may contribute to variance , especially if the RPM reference is taken from wheel speed at a fixed reference point.”

So, lower resolution is your way of saying “not as accurate”.

I couldn’t have said it better myself. As I mentioned before, I do not mind waiting for the results from a 3rd gear pull. I can come back and bring up this thread with the results when we get them. OK? :)

Last edited:

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You keep talking about climbing off the rollers, are you referring to a Mustang Dyno?

It would seem to be difficult to walk off of a DynoJet. The drums are huge.

“Since the dynojet measures power based on acceleration, this shorter pull has much lower resolution than a longer, higher gear pull, which may contribute to variance , especially if the RPM reference is taken from wheel speed at a fixed reference point.”

So, lower resolution is your way of saying “not as accurate”.

I couldn’t have said it better myself. As I mentioned before, I do not mind waiting for the results from a 3rd gear pull. I can come back and bring up this thread with the results when we get them. OK? :)

I have stated load bearing since my first intro here (dyno dynamics, mainline, mustang, etc), as a dynojet is useless for anything other than wide open throttle. Anybody tuning professionally that is concerned with drivability will do so with a load bearing dyno.

Lower resolution simply means that if it takes 100 samples a second (for example) and calculates hp based on that data, there will inherently be less accuracy when a 1st or 2nd gear pull takes significantly less time than a 3rd gear pull.

As far as comparison's go, they'll be worthless unless you're locking the torque converter as well, as a rapid 2nd gear acceleration will yield less of a flash than a longer 3rd gear acceleraion will.

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you have brought up about all the reason’s I would have for why the 3rd gear pull will not be the same as the 2nd gear pull.

Now all we have to do is wait.

Thanks for taking the time to verbally Joust with me. I do enjoy these chats……….

I’ll light it up again, when DJ does the 3rd gear pull……………:sleepy10:

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you have brought up about all the reason’s I would have for why the 3rd gear pull will not be the same as the 2nd gear pull.

Now all we have to do is wait.

Thanks for taking the time to verbally Joust with me. I do enjoy these chats……….

I’ll light it up again, when DJ does the 3rd gear pull……………:sleepy10:

The only reason that has been postulated is because the capability of the dynojet is in question, mathematically, there is no difference.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After this...if I was him I would be afraid. lol

What all this talk...I ask this.
When the weather warms up and I slap on the Whipple I plan on going for a Dyno Run and Tune.

What would be the best dyno to do so on?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are you just looking for numbers? If so, a DynoJet will give you the highest numbers.

If you are tuning on a dyno, you will want a load bearing dyno.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Babe...I would love for Justin to get his hands on it. I'm using Justin's tune to hopefully drive the Hoe from my driveway to the shop for over look of my work and dyno and tune. Just hate for it to go KABOOM. Wish you guys were coming to NYC or somewhere near closer. If I get dyno sheets from the dyno can Justin tune it from that? What can I get from the tuner to help Justin do it.

Go BB or Go Home

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tatheho