Got my winter wheels on!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah -62 with chill, didnt really feel all that cold... kinda cant get any colder then -40...

Yeah the box i thought was deadly.. Im not using the amps, or rack... but I will use the box and subs... see if i can find another 2 so i can run 4, or maybe run w7s... i didnt want to go jl, wanted something different.. liek RE Audio

could always sell those amps and rack and get some money back.

OP
OP
S

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats the plan... Ill have like 4 amps sitting doing nothing when I get the stuff I am in "need" of (as in a want!!). Man I have enough wire to do like 4 cars... But its good to have around, I have used some of that stuff that I never thought I was in need of (friends, dads stereo)

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Good find on the box. Looks good.

Denaliak--- (-45 no thank you. its that here now, but the other end. 55 degrees. Not to bad, but cant even imagine that the other way.

What in the world would you be doing in the artic? Pay better be good for that cold of temps to be working in. Is it outside? i guess inside isnt to bad?

Honestly, once it hits -20 you don't notice if it's colder or not....lol.

The oil fields are up there in the Arctic, and lots of jobs revolve around them, with great pay. They pay to fly you up and back every two weeks, too, for the most part. Lots of guys live in Texas, Washington, other parts of Alaska and just fly to work once a month. The job I'm looking at starts at about $35/hr with lots of OT, so it'd be worth it financially for me right now. I got stuck in the crapper with the economy and haven't been able to find decent work since. It's getting old.

OP
OP
S

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah man, I work the patch. Well go figure Canadian working the patch, nothing new! haha, but yeah the pay is good, depending on what you.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, once it hits -20 you don't notice if it's colder or not....lol.

The oil fields are up there in the Arctic, and lots of jobs revolve around them, with great pay. They pay to fly you up and back every two weeks, too, for the most part. Lots of guys live in Texas, Washington, other parts of Alaska and just fly to work once a month. The job I'm looking at starts at about $35/hr with lots of OT, so it'd be worth it financially for me right now. I got stuck in the crapper with the economy and haven't been able to find decent work since. It's getting old.

yeah, by that point i guess its just cold. Kind of like its hot, not really hotter. sort of..

thats right forgot about that oil pipe line right in the middle of that place. My nephews dad does that, now that you say that i remembered he went up there a couple months ago and did some work. Heck id do it for the money. The economy still isnt good and i dont see it gettin much better any time soon. $35 w/ lots 0t, sounds really good to me. I could get a procharger for my gto heck and the tahoe. lol.. But going to school right now, for project management, im hopeing it pays off in the end.

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those are nice, especially for winter wheels! i just have my stockers

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

old pic, but here's my winter setup. I hate, it looks so stock!
0719091429.jpg

I would take those stock wheels over my 01 stock 16" wheels anyday. Still can't believe GM was still putting 16" wheels on our rigs in 2001.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would take those stock wheels over my 01 stock 16" wheels anyday. Still can't believe GM was still putting 16" wheels on our rigs in 2001.

in 01 huh... can you rememer when someone said they got 17"s on thier vehicle, we thought wow those are big... lol...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobsaget