Goodies arrived

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^That is one sexy Hoe!!!! I'm in love! :drool:

...it may be time to take off the running boards now :D

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to give you an idea of how it'll look, here's a pic of my old setup. ART shockwaves in the front with the Coolride in the rear, along with the free-travel mod.

Tires are 285/40/22

DSC01213.jpg

DSC01217.jpg

And now...

IMG_0468-1.jpg

So you only had shockwaves in those pics? How was the ride? Damn if it was that low with only shockwaves, if I just get spindles and shockwaves I'll be happy :)

solefood21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The only problem that I could see with spindles and shockwaves is that the front will be much lower than the back. Also, You'll have to ride with a lot of PSI in order to get a good driving height.

I wasn't happy with the ride at all, but that's all relative. After cutting the absolute shit out of my Tahoe, it rides much nicer now! It all comes at a cost though...

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What all did you have to cut up in order to get it to ride right?

solefood21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll take some when I get it back. The rear half of the frame is gone, with a new one in it's place. Triangulated 4 link and narrowed rear end in rear and tubular arms, custom bag mounts, relocated arm mounts, and some trick steering linkages in front. Plenty of work!!!

I'll start a thread when it's a little closer to being done!

OP
OP
I

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only problem that I could see with spindles and shockwaves is that the front will be much lower than the back. Also, You'll have to ride with a lot of PSI in order to get a good driving height.

I wasn't happy with the ride at all, but that's all relative. After cutting the absolute shit out of my Tahoe, it rides much nicer now! It all comes at a cost though...
what werent you happy with?

I cant cut this thing up as its the wifeys and we need the 3rd row otherwise it'd have gotten done to lay frame. Besides I need it somewhat idiot proof so if for some reason it wont air up she can still limp it home without tearing the fenders off. Because then it'd somehow be my fault lol

the black shockwaves aren't all that expensive, list at $600. So if I dont like the ride I'll look into other options like possibly adding the frame side cups from an 07+ and doing a strut/bag setup or maybe doing someone elses bag mount on the frame.

solefood21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went from a basic 2/3 drop with keys, coils and extenders to an "older" ART kit and it was just hella bouncy. I did have adjustable shocks up front and played with several different combinations of shocks in the back but could never find the sweet spot. The newer Ride Tech stuff that you have should fit the bill, from what I've heard.

Trust me, I enjoyed having the 3rd row in mine and have spend an absolute shit ton of cash in getting it to where it is thus far. The interior is still out of it at my shop waiting for the body shop to work their magic...The project has been in the works for over 2 years. It was definitely fun when it was bagged without all of the hassle of cutting it, and it looked pretty damn tough in person. Pics never did it justice. Go for it man! I'm looking forward to seeing it done!!!

BTW, Idiot proof is exactly right. My wife would drive it every so often and I could tell her, "set the front around XX psi and the rear at XX psi and you'll be fine..." knowing damn well if she didn't do it the truck would still get her home fine. That's what it's all about when you have a family and reliability is job one. My new stuff is built as stout as can be, but one corner too low and I'm out major cash plus having to call a tow truck to bail her out! That's why I bought her a BMW! Don't touch my ride, drive your's!!!

Last edited:

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta get a few things to help with the install and hope to get it on here shortly
a689892d-f26c-67a5.jpg

So any progress on the install? I am especially interested in the shockwaves since I have the ART rear kit and know it rides good. Post up, let us know how it went, or hasn't lol

OP
OP
I

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since it's arrived I've barely had time to wipe my ass lol. Goal is to get it done by the last weekend of the month for a 400mile round trip excursion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chavez_212