GMC Sierra Denali Steering wheel match

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theflea

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Question,

I bought 4 2008 Yukon Denali door panels to go into my 2011 Tahoe. I now need the wood grain peices for the instrumental panel, cup holder, and center console armrest. I have three questions

1. I read somewhere the 2008 Yukon Denali wood grain color is different from 2010-2014 Yukon Denali wood grain color. Is this true?

2. I saw a great deal for a wood grain steering wheel from a Sierra Denali. Is the wood grain in the Sierra Denali the same color as the Yukon Denali?

3. The steering wheel is non heated do I still need a different clockspring or can I reuse the current clockspring that is in my 2011 Tahoe leather steering wheel. I've seen the threads about the clock springs needed for the heated wheel but what about reusing the clockspring that come with leather non heated steering wheels to be used with the non heated Denali steering wheel?

Thanks everyone

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The door panel wood trim goes around the door more (I think) starting in 2011. I know by 2012 it was changed

earlier
2009_gmc_yukon-hybrid_4dr-suv_denali_i_oem_1_500.jpg

later
68307757.jpg

See how the wood wraps in the later model?

I don't think the color of the Denali wood ever changed

non heated to non heated is just a swap, no different clockspring needed.

OP
OP
T

theflea

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Nathan,

I noticed that the window switch control panels were different from my 11 Tahoe and moms 07 escalade. The door panels I bought off eBay has the old style window switches in them thankfully. You've answered all my questions thanks a lot! I'll post pics when the Interior is done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbris21

Latest posts