GM Advanced 2-way Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
The only thing that I hate about the 2 way remote package is that he kit only comes with one remote fob, and GM does not sell the remote individually.
So basically if you lose or break that remote, you have to buy a whole new reote start package (instead of just one remote) that will cost $175+ new and only need to use the remote, the extra antenna and module would be useless and you will not be able to sell them because nobody will buy them if they know they can't get the remote seperate.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well that's stupid. Maybe there will occasionally be a single remote floating around on eBay every once in a while.

mturnerua

Reaction score
mines been installed for about 6 weeks...80 bucks at dealership for the programming (i installed the module myself).

FYI...open liftgate...remove 1 screw near pneumatic lift arm on drivers side.

pop that piece of molding off (it wont come off, it will hang around the lift tube)....you may need to take the top trim piece off too that goes across the entire back.

look down and you will see the RCDLR module clipped into the body, with the two plugs facing down.....simply swap them out, the old antenna stays in the body, just leave the wire hanging....the new antenna mount wherever you want.

that will save you 1 hour of billed labor at the dealer (takes 10 minutes).

dont do it until day of install because your old remotes will no longer work.

Also, verify all functions on the advanced 2 way before leaving, make sure your liftgate and rear-glass both work, psi, radio, fuel, mileage.

the clock does NOT work (that is normal) on the remote.

The dealers dont have a lot of experience with these and usually leave something out of the programming or load the wrong software (like loading the rear glass, but not power liftgate option, etc).

by far the most useful feature is the remote start timer, and the range....its hot here and I usually remote start immediately after EXITING the car if i wont be long....lol

Where did you buy the kit? What was the cost?

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I bought mine off eBay and your other remotes will still work.

jcrack_corn

Reaction score
yeah....ebay or the gmpartsdirect store...

i put antenna on driver side rear glass near the bottom....but i plan to move to under 3rd brake light this fall.....too hot to work outside.

i cant start it from a few hundred feet away in buildings, but it is very sh((ty compared to my old mercedes range, which was like 1/4 mile....Hoping having it outside increases it to 1000 feet or so (as some others report on various forums).

the old antenna is a joke, literally routed inside of the rear pillar (metal)....you could probably double range just by re-routing that

CAPTAINJAMES47

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have had mine from the time I bought my GMC yukon in 2008 and it is real cool but the case is now cracked and ha to be held together with a rubber band and some liquid electric tape and I don't know ehre I can get a new replacement case. Anyone hve some sugggestion????

BlueAc

Reaction score
I helped my friend find one a long time ago for his 08 Tahoe. I got a Tahoe a few months back and looked around, it's like they never existed. If you find one please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I used to have one but seeming how big it is, I don't know the where abouts it is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts