Get a catch can before any mods.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14SWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So since i just read the last couple post. Would it be normal for me to not find any oil in my catch can or intake since having DOD/AFM disabled by BBP. But there was some when i first installed my MIT after around the 3k-5k range. But since the tune i have seen any in the intake. 2012 Truck only has 32K

Yes that would be normal as most attribute the using of oil to the DOD system/lifters.

I am hopeful this is what I see next oil change.

mazdawg(Mikey)

HGIC(head ginger in charge)
Reaction score
Got my catch can installed today. The one I bought has a bracket that mounts it on the front of the passenger side head.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Emptied the catchcan after 10k today..... This is a spray can lid
2751ae5078a1efae243310c4a0471669.jpg

bigrhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drained my catch can yesterday. Had about an ounce an a half of oil come out. Now here's the problem, after draining the can and closing the drain plug,I started the engine and a hissing noise came from drain plug. It's sucking air from the drain plug. Any help in solving this problem? I have the round type catch can. Thanks.

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you over tighten them the O ring will push over and cause a leak. Also, I have the same catch can and they are really easy to baffle. I ran a hose from the valve cover nip down almost to the bottom then bent a piece of mesh like a table so its about in the middle of the can and then cut up the green scrub sponge to lay on the screen/table thing. Now oil runs down the hose and the green scrub pad catches all the oil droplets.

oil sep1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo