Get a catch can before any mods.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXLPerk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard of people making them from an air compressor air/water separators. Keep us updated on how your homemade catch can works

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like Lee said, the air filter is a Craftsman model # 16009. I used it because it came with a bracket that I was able to bend slightly to mount onto the bolt on the alternator bracket. For now I am using stainless steel mesh as a filter. Then just used 2 3/8 NPT 90 degree fittings and 3/8 hose and clamps from autozone. The pictures aren't uploading clear on tapatalk. I can do them through my computer later. But you can see the bracket and how it attatched. Took a out 20 min to complete. 9e6ezaga.jpgbede5uty.jpge8ynumur.jpg

YukonXLPerk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Comes through pretty good on my end. Thanks for the pictures and part numbers.

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you using stainless mesh or stainless wool?

what filter media are you using goodinblack? how is it working for you?

YukonXLPerk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just watched a video on YouTube. This guy made a home made catch can from a husky air / water separator. He pointed out 100 times to change the o rings to one's that can handle gasoline.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sears one has bad reviews online from people using low pressure on airbrushes n stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zrjo