Get a catch can before any mods.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ec07z71

Reaction score
slick-speed can any good?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POLISHED-AL...l:Tahoe|Year:2007&hash=item2ec2f124b2&vxp=mtr

-sorry about the massive link above, but has anyone tried this one? Looking to install one, but if this one is just as good as the catchcan.com one (or better as I see it has a gauge to see how full it is), I can save $50. If not could someone send me in a different direction then the CC one (sorry I'm a cheapskate).

Thank you very much,
Erik

Gatorlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at those the other day, the only thing I don't like is the Japanese writing on the sticker lol but its not a complicated part so might work just fine.

I also have another question...this is gonna show how little I know but here it goes

...Can one of these cans just be installed "in-line"? like can I just cut the line coming from the PCV into 2 pieces and hook each loose end to either side of the can?? Seems like it'd work that way but I'm ignorant :confused:

PlatinumYukon

Reaction score
$90 more for a $50k to $70k trucks seems to me like not a big deal and worth it if there is any kind of a need. Was just curious if anyone has done it and if the passenger side bank did collect any amount of significant oil.

ec07z71

Reaction score
Has anyone installed one that has any kind of clear gauge on it? - seems that would be the way to go instead of having to periodically unscrew the CC one to see what the level is.

Last edited:

dragthepaint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered the 'CLEAR' catchcan from Catchcans.com? They list one but dont show a picture of it.

I may be mistaken but, I think Clear stands for just a clearcoat on the aluminum not actually "See Through" if thats what your wondering about with the picture of the unit.

Badmunky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/POLISHED-AL...l:Tahoe|Year:2007&hash=item2ec2f124b2&vxp=mtr

-sorry about the massive link above, but has anyone tried this one? Looking to install one, but if this one is just as good as the catchcan.com one (or better as I see it has a gauge to see how full it is), I can save $50. If not could someone send me in a different direction then the CC one (sorry I'm a cheapskate).

Thank you very much,
Erik

I have 2 of these on my WRX.
There crap!!!!!

If you remove the top you see there is nothing inside of them. You have to build the guts your self if you want them to do any thing.

By the time you by the stuff you need and get it all put together you might as well by the nice one from catchcans.com and save your self the frustration.

I built the guts for them only because I already had them and they fit exactly where I wanted them.

I am going go get a catch can for our Yukon soon and will probably go with the catchcans.com one.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Just found this.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/200958201807?nav=SEARCH

It gets good reviews.
And looks to be well made.

What do you guys think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019