gauge cluster compatability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zippplok

Reaction score
I have a 2003 yukon xl 2500 with the 8100. My cluster is broken I found a deal on one from a 2006 silverado 2500. Will this fit in my yukon and work properly

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes 03-06 GM will work (yukon, silvy, tahoe, esky, sierra)

OP
OP
Z

zippplok

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. A junk yard has it and there computer dais it would not fit. It say 06-07 yukon xl but not 03

OP
OP
Z

zippplok

Reaction score
The prnd123 is not the same. On my yukon it digital and the 06 cluster it's a decal with lights under to tell u what gear ur in

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score

You were told it wouldnt fit. What more help are you needing exactly?

You need to use the correct part number. Also before you pull the old one out, note the hours and mileageu if you decide to swap it yourself. Keep in mind if you do decide to swap it out yourself, the new one will have to be programmed with this info using a GM Tech2 or similar OEM level capable scan tool. The labor is at minimum 1 hour (usually around $100 at most dealers. Mine is $105). Expanding on that, most dealers wont use customer sourced parts. Even if you find one that does, they wont warranty the work. Good luck whatever you decide.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

zippplok

Reaction score
The guy who said it won't fit has no clue. Just his computer says it's different. Only because it's not labeled as a 03 cluster. I'm hoping someone on here has swapped a 06 cluster into there 03

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
The guy who said it won't fit has no clue. Just his computer says it's different. Only because it's not labeled as a 03 cluster. I'm hoping someone on here has swapped a 06 cluster into there 03

Actually the OP said that there was a difference being one was a mechanical PRNDL and a digitally indicated one. So the parts guy knows exactly what he was talking about.

OP
OP
Z

zippplok

Reaction score
I point that out he never told me that he didn't even notice it. So because the prnd123. Is different that is the reason they won't work. Like I said part guys a idiot. He tried to sell me the 2000 surburban cluster and I know for a fact that it won't work. It totally different

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
318dukedog