Gas smell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skizzot

Reaction score
My research has produced every possibility imaginable.

I parked my truck at airport parking for two weeks in order to fill in on a band's national tour. Upon my return the truck started right up and ran perfectly all the way home. Once I turned it off and stepped out an hour later, I smelled gas near the rear of the vehicle and assumed it was just from my neighbors mowing their yard at the time.

I got back in it a few hours later and it continued to crank without ignition. I cranked it again and it started right up. It's obviously losing fuel pressure and takes longer for the pump to build up enough for start up. Upon exiting once again I smelled gas near the rear driver side. I've heard about the vent sticking open and requiring replacement, but the smell is strongest near the fuel tank where the parking brake cable splits into 2 cables. Any thoughts?

OP
OP
Skizzot

Skizzot

Reaction score
20150403_195113_zpspqa4mtaq.jpg

Found the problem. The fuel pump is so badly corroded that it is leaking a LOT of fuel.

OP
OP
Skizzot

Skizzot

Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtidd

Latest posts