Fuse #26 blowing led taillight bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrsteef

Reaction score
Notice just yesterday that my brake light was out, so today I opened up the passenger side brake light and was met with a nice burnt smell. Looked around at fuses and found #26 15amp fuse blown so I put another 15amp in and it immediately blew it. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
Mrsteef

Mrsteef

Reaction score
did you pull out the bulb and check the socket? if it is blowing the fuse then something is shorted, the bulb/socket or harness somewhere
Pulled the bulb and tried it in the drivers side and the bulb is fine. The socket appears to be discolored and smells burned

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulled the bulb and tried it in the drivers side and the bulb is fine. The socket appears to be discolored and smells burned
your local dealer should carry a replacement socket, dorman should have them also. there not expensive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you have a metal poker tool you can remove the wires from the socket and test it that way, just leave the wires not touching anything or each other put a fuse back in and see if it still blows

OP
OP
Mrsteef

Mrsteef

Reaction score
if you have a metal poker tool you can remove the wires from the socket and test it that way, just leave the wires not touching anything or each other put a fuse back in and see if it still blows

Will do, probably won’t get to it until I start on the oil pan gasket

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar