FuelEconomy.gov

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kolt-46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who else uses www.fueleconomy.gov to track their gas mileage?

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/mpg/MPG.do?action=garage

I've used it pretty much since I purchased my truck. Every time I fill up, I just write my odometer reading on the top of the receipt and enter the data when I get home.

There's even a mobile app if you don't like writing things down: www.fueleconomy.gov/m

Pretty neat tool but not a lot of Tahoe driver's using it...I'm trying to change that :hands:

Last edited:

Faceplant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who else uses www.fueleconomy.gov to track their gas mileage?

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/mpg/MPG.do?action=garage

I've used it pretty much since I purchased my truck. Every time I fill up, I just write my odometer reading on the top of the receipt and enter the data when I get home.

There's even a mobile app if you don't like writing things down: www.fueleconomy.gov/m

Pretty neat tool but not a lot of Tahoe driver's using it...I'm trying to change that :hands:

Just curious what the point of this is? Our trucks have MPG calculators built in.

OP
OP
Kolt-46

Kolt-46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious what the point of this is? Our trucks have MPG calculators built in.

I have come to find that they are relatively inaccurate. It also gives you a visual depiction of trends and how much you actually spend on gas.

It also allows you to compare your MPG's to other people's. Kinda lets you know if you're getting what you should be.

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:sleepy10:

I drive a truck. I will always drive a truck. The price of gas does not affect my decision... a difference of 5 or 10 MPG is not going to change it either...

OP
OP
Kolt-46

Kolt-46

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I drive a truck. I will always drive a truck. The price of gas does not affect my decision... a difference of 5 or 10 MPG is not going to change it either...

Cool.
The website will not improve or diminish MPG's or change your truck to a car. It's just a data collection and comparison tool that I use and wanted to share.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:hail::rocking::hail:

Same thing I say to ppl who ask me "doesnt the MPG suck in that Denali?"
I say yess it does! but if I wanted MPG I would buy a Prius.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I drive a truck. I will always drive a truck.

Here, Here......

I have a Ford Excursion as well as a Suburban.

Though I do keep a fuel log in everything to keep a track of MPG, Cost, etc.

On a side note.... I was given a Prius as a loaner :supergay:, and turned it down, told them to give me the F-150. :)

Last edited:

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
I have never had a vehicle in my life that has gotten anywhere even close to the EPA estimates. They are a joke. They are as big of a joke in 2012 as they were decades ago. They are not real-world estimates. If the dumb-asses want some real-world results, I can supply them, and they can adjust their goofy way-too-high estimates waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down! :evillol:

07Z71hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This guy is just trying to share something that he uses and thinks is
Cool. No reason to rag it. I think it's pretty neat and I'll try it out. Thanks for the info

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rad92