fuel pump ....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im thinking I already have the answer to this, but figured I would see if there are any ideas im missing.
Ive got about 158k on what I believe is an original fuel pump. Sunday afternoon, I had about a quarter tank. started and died, then would crank but not fire. I was out running errands and couldn't do too much investigation, so I climbed under and smacked the gas tank with a snow brush. climbed back in and it fired right up.

Chizzychase

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same exact thing at around 1\4 tank. Just had an issue where I was going down the road and the engine sputtered and just cut out on me. I let it sit, primed the fuel pump a few times and it started right up again it did this multiple times.
I'm having to do the fuel pump on mine as well. It seems like the fuel pumps in these like to go out right around 150,000 or so my moms avalanche did the exact same thing and she had to have hers replaced as well.

El Capitan

Senior Texas Member
Reaction score
I suggest a OEM fuel pump. I had an aftermarket one and I would only burn 16-18gal and it said it was empty. I guess more or less its a float issue but I spent a lot more time at gas stations. I now have an OEM fuel pump and now I am back to pumping 20-22gal when gauge reads empty.

OP
OP
cmc76

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was looking on amazon, they have a Delco for about $160 the other options ive seen were napa, autozone etc and they were all over $300.
Is there any reason to be paying nearly double?

jesse53

Reaction score
i was looking on amazon, they have a Delco for about $160 the other options ive seen were napa, autozone etc and they were all over $300.
Is there any reason to be paying nearly double?
Got a Delphi Limited Lifetime warranty for $208 shipped from Rock Auto Installed today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz