fuel pump change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sick1166

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to drop my tank on a 2007 tahoe for evap hoses I have 150,000 miles and running great.
My question is when I drop the tank should I do a new fuel pump or just keep going till it dies
how many miles on your fuel pumps

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I have to drop my tank on a 2007 tahoe for evap hoses I have 150,000 miles and running great.
My question is when I drop the tank should I do a new fuel pump or just keep going till it dies
how many miles on your fuel pumps

I'd say do it. There's a divot on the top of the tank where the pump sits that likes to hold water. I just did mine at 130000ish not because the pump failed, but because the lines on the head rusted through. It doesnt help that I'm in Chicago, I'm sure, but it's nice to know it's new.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rockauto has it for about $190, I don't think your going to beat that price, there is 5% off code in the vendor section also.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't know we had discount codes for RockAuto here. Good to know, thanks Wes!
it's the standard 5% off, same thing they email you after you make a purchase, only this one is a sticky and updates instead of expiring every 90 days.

Teeroy78

Reaction score
it's the standard 5% off, same thing they email you after you make a purchase, only this one is a sticky and updates instead of expiring every 90 days.
This is great because I never need to purchase anything from there before my 5% code expires. It’s nice to have a code from here at the start of the process instead of at the end. :)

Dave Kerr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is great because I never need to purchase anything from there before my 5% code expires. It’s nice to have a code from here at the start of the process instead of at the end. :)
My 2007 Tahoe rusted the lines on top of the fuel pump and had to be replaced. 225,000 miles and running well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia