Front shocks on back order, what else can I use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Helton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have a 2018 Chevy Tahoe Premier 4WD and the dealer told me my front shocks are bad and I need to replace. But they said the shocks are on back order and the few other places I called said the same thing. I then asked an online rep at CARiD.com if there was an item that I could use instead of OEM. They said I could use this (link below). I'm not a mechanic, I have no clue, I usually just listen to what the dealer tells me. But I don't want to wait for months while shocks are on back order, so is there anybody with knowledge of this that can tell me if this part will work for me? I sure would appreciate it. Thank you.

https://www.carid.com/cart.php?utm_source=email&utm_medium=lead&utm_campaign=call

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This won't help you much, but there has been some seriously negative discussion in the forum about CARiD of late. Delayed shipments, order cancellations, etc.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a 2018 Chevy Tahoe Premier 4WD and the dealer told me my front shocks are bad and I need to replace. But they said the shocks are on back order and the few other places I called said the same thing. I then asked an online rep at CARiD.com if there was an item that I could use instead of OEM. They said I could use this (link below). I'm not a mechanic, I have no clue, I usually just listen to what the dealer tells me. But I don't want to wait for months while shocks are on back order, so is there anybody with knowledge of this that can tell me if this part will work for me? I sure would appreciate it. Thank you.

https://www.carid.com/cart.php?utm_source=email&utm_medium=lead&utm_campaign=call

What are your 6XX and 7XX RPO codes?

Are you having drivability issues?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the part# and do a Google search and see what shows up. The Dealers use to be able to do a nationwide dealer search at all the GM Dealers for Dealer stock. Good luck.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Helton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The dealer said this is the part # they can't find in stock.

Part # 84977478

OP
OP
J

Jeff Helton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was able to finally get the part I needed. My Tahoe has the magnaride shocks and let me tell you, it's extremely difficult to find them anywhere. I called probably 10 different companies before I finally found one that could order them from another state, lol. I went with the Arnott SK 3354. Read good reviews on them so thanks to everybody for their efforts.

_level_

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was able to finally get the part I needed. My Tahoe has the magnaride shocks and let me tell you, it's extremely difficult to find them anywhere. I called probably 10 different companies before I finally found one that could order them from another state, lol. I went with the Arnott SK 3354. Read good reviews on them so thanks to everybody for their efforts.
I just went through a similar situation and recently in stalled the SK-3354 as well. What do you think of them so far?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia