front door speaker question 99 yahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so it looks like i have the typical blown passenger speaker. my doors look like they have some sort of small speaker / tweeter / component as well as the kick panel speaker. question , if i put standard 6.5 coaxials in the doors , will it mess with the tweeter thats in there and not make it work? i ordered the adapters to go from factory connector to aftermarket speakers. i plan on keeping the factory HU intact

thanks

OP
OP
domer94

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks. would a 6-3/4 be more of an exact fit? im getting conflicting info from searches

RynoHarris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run alpine 6.5 in my four door. Coaxial, with power acoustik tweets ($15) and they sound dang good for $15. No hissing from them or distortion. You don't have to replace your tweeters but it will sound better if you do.

"Never argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level, and beat you by experience."

dudeface

Reaction score

looks like some great option for the speakers.................i am also runnin some of those kenwood 4x10s in my rear area. they handle a lot of power if you use them as high end sound only. I crank my system pretty loud and the keep up with my sub and door speakers fine !!

picture.jpg

love the kenwood !!!!

peace

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM