front bumpstop bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
GM calls them Jounce Stops, and yes they are supposed to be close to or resting on the stops at ride height. Torsion bar ifs suspensions have little to no natural rebound so, unlike a coil spring or leaf spring setup, the suspension needs quite a bit of support and/or dampening to maintain ride quality and performance. My truck is sitting on compressed z71 stops and I have bilstein front shocks that feature an integrated bumpstop to further aid in controlling the front end. Regardless of suspension setup the front bumpstops should be addressed, I prefer the z71 bumpstops and have had the best luck with them thus far...really aids in handling as well.

:cheers:

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
excellent post max, think i'll be looking for some z71 stops soon...

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, well since this, i have taken out the factory front stops and drove around for awhile. It dropped the front about .5 looked good, but only one side was lower than the other, but thats another thing..

But today i put the Z71 front stops/jounce in and it rides much better to me. Floats in the front end, and no vibrations from the front.. Just rides better to me..

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, well since this, i have taken out the factory front stops and drove around for awhile. It dropped the front about .5 looked good, but only one side was lower than the other, but thats another thing..

But today i put the Z71 front stops/jounce in and it rides much better to me. Floats in the front end, and no vibrations from the front.. Just rides better to me..

what's up with that? one side lower than the other? I ask, because mine is the same way.... my front stops are cut, but one side is still touching the lower control arm, while the other one has some gappage.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what's up with that? one side lower than the other? I ask, because mine is the same way.... my front stops are cut, but one side is still touching the lower control arm, while the other one has some gappage.

I dont know. I have stock keys up front, all the way down, just to see how low it would go, had stops out, measured, pass. side is higher. (cant remember exact) put z71 stops in, havent measured yet, but looks higher still... Not sure.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
if its the drivers side its because of the battery and power steering and a whole bunch of other garbage haha!

thats what torsion keys are for.. there's 2 sides you can crank one up so it levels out

oh and might I add that getting shorter sway bar end links for the front will improve the ride quality THAT much more and you won't bottom out nearly as much on the cups

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if its the drivers side its because of the battery and power steering and a whole bunch of other garbage haha!

thats what torsion keys are for.. there's 2 sides you can crank one up so it levels out

oh and might I add that getting shorter sway bar end links for the front will improve the ride quality THAT much more and you won't bottom out nearly as much on the cups

Yeah, after i thought about it, raise that side up. ha ha..

Dont shorter end links also help the rear? Do you happen to have them on yours Kasey? front & rear. where you get em?

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
see, I would have done that, but if I raise my left side anymore it will be higher than my left rear....it's all such a minimal difference that you can't tell looking at it...just bugs the shit out of me though lol

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
haha I know what you mean brandon people think I'm tweakin when I see one corner off but normally mine will sit fairly even left to right.. front to back is a different story depending on which sub box I have in lol

but I still don't have any for the rear I got the DJM ones on StylinTrucks and installed them but the sway bar was hitting the tie rod end then yesterday I flipped over the sway bar and its all good now rides great!

still need to find some for the rear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coldlegos