front bump stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SS HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been scanning this site for a few days now and finally decided to sign up. I have a 02 Tahoe and had it dropped with a 2/3 Ground Force kit. The back sat too high for me so I purchased 5" djm springs. I am still running ground force shocks all the way round. Now to my question. I am not nearly as low as some of you guys and my front is nearly sitting on the bump stops. I am running factory bump stops, but they have been cut quite a bit. Just wondering what you guys are doing with them? Appreciate any help.

OP
OP
SS HOE

SS HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you cut out the factory cup on the front before installing the aftermarket stops? I have seen where most have cut out the back and then put the little stop on the frame. Thanks again.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2005 Z71 4x4 GM bumpstops....will stop you from bottoming out 100% :waytogo:

They are shorter for drops, and reinforced with a lip. No cutting needed whatsoever....search the site for the part number I don't recall what it is sorry.

B

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Z71 stops are nice but they lifted my truck 1/2" so be aware. My truck rides better and handles much tighter since installing the stops. Part # on the stop is 15161762 you'll need two.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
did they lift your b/c its already slammed? would mine get lifted any b/c ive only got a slight drop to begin with?

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did they lift your b/c its already slammed? would mine get lifted any b/c ive only got a slight drop to begin with?

They lift it slightly because the stops are reinforced with a larger lip like an upside down muffin, so control arm rests against them with no room to compress. It's really not that big of a deal honestly, I can get mine just as low as the fender...maybe max has personal issues :adminpower:

JK max...but the arms are the same on the denalis right?

B

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Yes they are the same, my truck is just too damn low I'm gonna decrank it a bit if it really bothers me. Most trucks will not sit higher with the stops unless you're running drop keys decranked.

Dismay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically if the stops are in contact while it's at rest, they may affect how low you can go.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basically if the stops are in contact while it's at rest, they may affect how low you can go.

Not sure if ur asking or telling but yes thats true BUT you ALWAYS want to rest on the stops as much as you can to reduce bottoming out...thats why the Z71 bumpstops are perfect, theres no modification needed,,,perfect out of the box for 2/3, 3/5 and even 4/6

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnelson644

Latest posts