Fresh Truck Intake Shootout Article...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing that bugs me about these tests is that they make you think it's going to be tested on a stock engine but then they throw on new heads, headers and a cam then add the part they are testing. Not only that, they make it seem like they are small inexpensive upgrades. Not everyone can do those, so why can't they just test it on a 100% stock engine?.....sorry, rant over

OP
OP
D

Dan Acosta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They probably should do a stock motor since that is really what would be most useful to most truck owners. I guess they assume that at least all of the mods were a "standard" since they did not change in between intakes - with the exception of the larger throttle body on the upgraded intakes. Now I have some experience working with magazines for tech articles. They are typically done on cars that they have easiest access to, or probably in this case a friend or employees car that already had some mods and was willing to donate their car for a few free upgrades and dyno runs. I had an article done on my Chevelle for Super Chevy a few years back and it wasn't exactly stock.

OP
OP
D

Dan Acosta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My question is now, is the trailblazer intake the same on the SS and the std 5.3 models?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My question is now, is the trailblazer intake the same on the SS and the std 5.3 models?
No. You want the TBSS intake. And your stock 78 mm TB is fine. I have my stock 78 mm TB on my 6.0 with a 2.3l blower and my AFR is fine. 90 mm TB is overkill.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any 4 bolt TB intake is considered a tbss, and that became standard on all truck engines at some point. Nothing has 3 bolt stuff anymore. That intake can be bought brand new for about 125 bucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gradymossx4

Latest posts