Free to me 1996 GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
yea gm engineers built the perfect vehicle 30 years ago, no improvements needed according to those clowns
As a member of the GMT400 forum, for my girl's 1990 K2500, I guess I am one of those clowns. Thick skinned though. I have owned 3 GMT400 trucks and also the GMT800's. Great trucks IMO.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea gm engineers built the perfect vehicle 30 years ago, no improvements needed according to those clowns
I agree toilet bowl injection is best injection
Not so much for the stock 1/2 ton drum brake set up. The favorite swap is the 14 bolt semi float drum brake swap, like what comes stock on my girl's light duty K2500.

Who is heckling you at GMT400 forum? Decent members there.

You’re saying you like the big drum but not the little half ton drums?

No one specific and I get their reasoning drums can work well. Just not worth the hassle, and if I didn’t already have everything to swap them out I’d probably just have a shop fix them. But an electric locker and big modern disk brakes is too good to ignore, especially for free.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Axle is all welded up, I was originally going to wait until it had been rebuilt and actually weld everything once it was mocked up in the truck. But instead I just took a crap ton of measurements and used my digital angle finder a lot. I think it will work out.

Also maybe one of y’all know, but I’m struggling to find a driver seat that isn’t totally busted, and has the top handle on the side that folds the seat forward and slides its forward to access the back easier. Thing is my current seat only folds forward when that handle is grabbed. I’m not sure if that is just another thing that’s broken with this seat or if that is actually how it’s supposed to work. If all the handle ever does is fold the front forward and not move the base then I can move forward with the nice Tahoe seats I have.

Attachments

• IMG_2188.jpeg
    IMG_2188.jpeg
    517.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2189.jpeg
    IMG_2189.jpeg
    461 KB · Views: 2

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also maybe one of y’all know, but I’m struggling to find a driver seat that isn’t totally busted, and has the top handle on the side that folds the seat forward and slides its forward to access the back easier. Thing is my current seat only folds forward when that handle is grabbed. I’m not sure if that is just another thing that’s broken with this seat or if that is actually how it’s supposed to work. If all the handle ever does is fold the front forward and not move the base then I can move forward with the nice Tahoe seats I have.
Nope, that’s how it is supposed to work. It’s probably something to do with the power seat base. My 98 truck and Tahoe (both power driver seats) are the same way.

Edit:

From the manual, power seats didn’t have the slide-forward feature like the manual seats.

IMG_8762.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84

Latest posts