FREE - Damaged Aftermarket Headlights 14-19 Tahoe Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigmac18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Story - DAMAGED - Can be used for parts and pieces.

They are smoked ebay aftermarket headlights. They had a chrome housing with smoked lens. One of them was leaking a bit and causing condensation inside. So, I used the oven trick to take them apart and paint the inside gloss black. They came out great. There are a few imperfections but nothing you could see from 5 ft away.
The problem is...when heating them up to put back together, I accidentally set the oven too hot and melted the passenger side housing. It is beyond repair. The driver side is fine, but not sealed back together, just put them together for picture. I have all trim pieces, screws, caps, etc...

If anyone can use these for parts or pieces to build a new headlight or use for mods. Everything is there...including the melted housing. I'd rather someone take the whole package, but if individual pieces are wanted/needed let me know.

Hopefully I can help someone out from my mistake.

Free....BUT you pay shipping. It may be expensive so get a quote first.
Shipping from 33436 and the box is 24"x24"x24" and weighs 30lbs.

I'll give it a week before tossing them.

HL_1.jpg HL_2.jpeg HL_3.jpeg HL_4.jpegs-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t want them but that’s smoked lease and painted black right? Looks good make me a set.

OP
OP
Bigmac18

Bigmac18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they came with the smoked lens, I just painted the plastic chrome a gloss black. Leaving the bulb bucket and projector surround chrome for some contrast.

I thought about putting the smoked lens on my OEM headlights, since one of them has a crack in the lens, which is why i had these in the first place.

full

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Story - DAMAGED - Can be used for parts and pieces.

They are smoked ebay aftermarket headlights. They had a chrome housing with smoked lens. One of them was leaking a bit and causing condensation inside. So, I used the oven trick to take them apart and paint the inside gloss black. They came out great. There are a few imperfections but nothing you could see from 5 ft away.
The problem is...when heating them up to put back together, I accidentally set the oven too hot and melted the passenger side housing. It is beyond repair. The driver side is fine, but not sealed back together, just put them together for picture. I have all trim pieces, screws, caps, etc...

If anyone can use these for parts or pieces to build a new headlight or use for mods. Everything is there...including the melted housing. I'd rather someone take the whole package, but if individual pieces are wanted/needed let me know.

Hopefully I can help someone out from my mistake.

Free....BUT you pay shipping. It may be expensive so get a quote first.
Shipping from 33436 and the box is 24"x24"x24" and weighs 30lbs.

I'll give it a week before tossing them.

View attachment 245842 View attachment 245844 View attachment 245845 View attachment 245846View attachment 245847

How difficult was it to remove them from your ride?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123