Found a 14 Bolt SF!!!! =D

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you on the hobbies man. Whenever I have extra cash to put toward something, I have to decide between my vehicle(s), a new guitar or music equipment, and computer stuff. Always a tough choice. But I think the next batch of spare money will go toward my truck.

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
I found another 14 bolt out of a 1994 light duty its really close and the guy only wants $150.00 for it and its in great condition. Only problem is, its open differentials and not posi locking. Should I just go for it and then get an aftermarket posi locker?!

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you should go for it. If you secure the axle, you won't have to go through the hassle of even trying to find one anymore. Then it would be sort of a "blank canvas" axle for you. Add your differential of choice, gears of choice, and a rebuild kit.

BlackedOutHoe

Low & Slow
Reaction score
I found another 14 bolt out of a 1994 light duty its really close and the guy only wants $150.00 for it and its in great condition. Only problem is, its open differentials and not posi locking. Should I just go for it and then get an aftermarket posi locker?!

yes do it.

btw i picked my 14 bolt up for 200 and it was already geared to 4.56 :)

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
The guy is bringing it to me with everything attached to it (drums/springs/etc.) to my house for $200.00 and hes gonna help me install it. Pretty good deal ha. Now I just gotta get the conversion U joint and a set of U bolts. Its geared for 4.10. I've got 3.73's now. Can I run my truck with 4.10s in the rear and 3.73s in the front aslong as I don't engage 4WD?

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i think. But i would probably take the front driveshaft out just to make sure you dont screw something up

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Alright cool. Thats what I thought. Heres my problem.. I want to run the 14 bolt as soon as I get it. My brakes are shot in the rear on my 10 bolt and the leaf springs have seen better days. I think overall even though it is open differentials, it will be much better. Eventually I'll put a tru trac on it and do my gears. I'm just broke right now.

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
Nice job man! :peace:

4X4 992door. Not sure if its a steel or aluminum driveshaft. What sounds more likely?

It's gunna be a steel driveshaft, but better yet crawl under the truck and look to see if it's rusted and my statement will be supported.

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Pretty sure its a steel driveshaft 99coop, can someone direct me to where to get the conversion U joint and U bolts. Part numbers as well ha...

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

I know 992door you said it was part precision 447. Was that right?

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Precision Universal Joint 447 - Precision U-Joints.
Universal Joint, 1350-1344 Conversion, Greasable, Steel

pcn-447_w.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bell45