Fogs on w/headlights(no need to turn on switch)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I have seen alot of talk from the other forum and now over here...I have figured out how to have your fogs come on with your headlights..thats right no more having to hit the switch, this mod also keeps your fogs on with your highbeams. This mod will still allow the use of your fogs with the switch when your headlights are not on. I am currently toying with the idea of putting together a kit with all parts and full illustrated instructions...this is a simple DIY mod....Now the real question...Who is interested and what would you be willing to pay for it???

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I may beintrested but will not want to pay more than $50 considering the 4HighMod for these Tahoes is only like $30?

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
how about a mod that does NOT turn on the headlights when Approach Lighting is on? having HIDs turn on and off frequently is not good for them so i just turn off Approach Lighting...but I really would like to have Approach lighting on.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
how about a mod that does NOT turn on the headlights when Approach Lighting is on? having HIDs turn on and off frequently is not good for them so i just turn off Approach Lighting...but I really would like to have Approach lighting on.

You could wire it like the GMT 800 that pop on the DRLS.

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score

Increase the time they are on to a greater duration? :shrug:

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
Increase the time they are on to a greater duration? :shrug:

thanks but that won't help. when approach lighting is on the HIDs turn on as well. then when i get in to start it up, they turn off for a second then turn back on again unless i turn the knob to off. i don't mind turning them on with the knob once it's started, i just don't want the HIDs to turn on with approach lighting.

sorry, didn't mean to thread jack.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I too switch off the approach lighting, and all you have to do to keep it good is when you get in just start up, don't pause at all. Just crank on and the HIDs won't turn on till you are done starting.
Or more recently I started just putting the switch to the sidemarker, then after start up I switch it to Auto of keep it till I get outside and notice the radio light is brighter then the dash, then you know its safe to switch to Auto because the DRL will turn on direct instead of the HL first.
LoL this was kind of long....

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
I really just would not worry. My moms gmc acadia has stock HIDS and they turn on with the remote. They also go off and on when you start. its about a year and a half old now with no issues. Same with my dads enlave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWoolf777