foglight housing shakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HMMM.. I had originals with no problems then recently lost a lense. So I replaced with some off EBAY and they look great However now I have the shake you guys speak of and it is annoying the crap out of me. I kept the originals & I noticed the originals have what appears to be a more heavy duty spring.
Has anyone tried to swap out the springs with the originals? I haven't had the time but need to do something.

I actually found a pair of OEM brackets (yes, brackets only) on eBay and thought the answer to my shaky-shaky problems was found. Apparently GM did not keep the same foglamps/brackets throughout the NBS run and they didn't fit at all. Completely different than mine. Figuring I'd never be able to use them for anything and never be able to sell them myself, I threw them in the trash.... $40 down the drain. Open the box, see they are wrong, throw them away. I was pissed....

I thought about spending the $$$ on a new set of OEM lights but do they shake as much as the aftermarket crap? I don't ever remember them shaking like this on the new 02 suburban I had.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, my new ones, aftermarket ebay ones, after driving now for a few days in the dark, do not shake. They will move- checked and its from the adjusters spring. But driving does not shake at all like it used to w/ the gm fogs that were on it.

Starting to think the shaking is from the spring / adjustment area. (not the push pins)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork