fog lights 03 denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roc0511

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the factory fog lights with any other fog lights like aftermarket, other factory, retro projector or any other? I have upgraded my fog lights to a 4300 hid kit and they still are not very bright!!! I see alot of the dodge trucks have bright for lights even factory and when people upgrade from factory to hid in them "wow"!!! super bright!! so please help!! To give an idea of what I am working with otherwise, headlamps 6000k 55w HID fogs 35w 4300k. Thanks

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Do a search...someone on here (sorry, don't remember who) has a really good projector they put in their fogs. I'd do the same if I had enough money for all the projects I want to do.

I have HID's in my fogs and they are bright as hell, though. I can't drive in traffic with them on because I blind people. Not sure how yours aren't bright. Have you aimed them at all? And Dodge trucks look bright because the reflectors suck for HID's, not because they are any brighter. They don't control the light, so they appear brighter to you, but it's actually a lot of glare.

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a search...someone on here (sorry, don't remember who) has a really good projector they put in their fogs. I'd do the same if I had enough money for all the projects I want to do.

I have HID's in my fogs and they are bright as hell, though. I can't drive in traffic with them on because I blind people. Not sure how yours aren't bright. Have you aimed them at all? And Dodge trucks look bright because the reflectors suck for HID's, not because they are any brighter. They don't control the light, so they appear brighter to you, but it's actually a lot of glare.

+1

I can drive with just my HIDs in my fog lights at night.

OP
OP
R

roc0511

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My fog lamp housings are also kinda cloudy on the reflective part. That could be the issue or maybe the 4300 being yellow make them not seem as bright. Idk

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Speaking of fogs, had mine on tonight and one of the capsules is toast. It is supposed to be 4300k, but it's a pretty pinkish/orange color....lol. Time for new bulbs!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts