Fiberglass work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking of making a custom sub enclosure in my tahoe. the inside of the mold is very irregular. I've always used spray oils or whatnot to prevent the glass from sticking to whatever mold I'm using. anyone ever tried the plasti-dip stuff (or similar compound) to allow the mold to separate from the form easy? Thanks in advance

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking of making a custom sub enclosure in my tahoe. the inside of the mold is very irregular. I've always used spray oils or whatnot to prevent the glass from sticking to whatever mold I'm using. anyone ever tried the plasti-dip stuff (or similar compound) to allow the mold to separate from the form easy? Thanks in advance

Really the only thing I've used is spray adhesive and plastic sheeting, the adhesive will come off the surface to be molded with mineral spirits or alcohol, plus the spray adhesive is good to get the glass to conform to the surface as well

getonerd

Reaction score
I used masking tape about 2-3 layers overlapping the gaps and twice of area i used to used foil so the resin wont go thur the tape

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bl74

Latest posts