Experiencing the Phantom Heated Seat problem on my 2003 Suburban.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorCalBryan

Reaction score
Driver's side seat heater comes on, then turns off, then comes on again, then off again. All by itself.

I know this to be a known issue, and I was wondering if there's a tried and true solution. I can't seem to find an answer with search.

Does replacing the switch solve the problem?

Thanks in advance for your input.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Okay, I changed my search parameters and found a bunch abut the heated seats turning off by themselves because of a burnt out/shorted pad, but I don't think that's the issue, because the seats come ON with out any input. Just driving down the street and my butt randomly gets warm.

Not too big of an issue now, but I'm planning a cross country road trip and this will get REALLY old REALLY fast in the middle of the summer. I mean, I guess I can just pull the fuse to prevent it from coming on in the interim, but I'd really like to solve the problem. I'm **** like that.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Well, I think some time on Google has answered my problem. Apparently, there is a TSB out for this very issue. Looks like I'll be going to the dealer to have them re-program my module.

I'm posting it here because it looks like this problem has been asked here, but the solution hasn't been addressed. (at least from what I was able to see in the search)

Bulletin No.: 05-08-50-008

Date: August 19, 2005

TECHNICAL

Subject:
Intermittent Heated Seats Inoperative, DTC B3941 Set (Reprogram Driver Seat Module)

Models:
2003-2005 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT
2003-2005 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2003-2005 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali

All with Seat FRT, Individual (Non BKT) (RPO AN3)

2003-2005 HUMMER H2 with Seat, Front Bucket Deluxe (RPO AR9)

Condition

Some customers may comment that occasionally the seat heater will not operate when activated. If the ignition key is cycled OFF and back ON again, the heated seat will operate correctly. Also, on some LB7 diesel engine vehicles, the seat heater may turn itself off during the first 10 minutes of operation. This occurs only with the first activation for the day and works correctly with subsequent activations immediately after the event. These conditions are intermiffent and DTC B3941 may be set.

Correction

Technicians are to reprogram the driver seat module with an updated software calibration. This new service calibration was released with TIS satellite data update version 6.5 available June 13, 2005. As always, make sure your Tech 2(R) is updated with the latest software version.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My apologies but I'm having some issue. Not the exact same issue but similar and this thread was the closest I could find. Both my driver seat and front passenger seat in my 2006 yukon xl Denali have the same issue with the seat heater. The bottom portion of the seat does nothing while the vertical back part warms up when I hit the switch. I assumed it was just a bad heater element as it was a problem I had with the heated seat in my 2001 durango a year ago. Simple fix. Ordered a new heater element from the GMC dealership I bought my car from. Ensured all wires were reconnected properly. All the power adjustments work correctly and he heat in the upright portion of the seat works normally. Still no heat in the bottom portion of the seat. Any ideas? Maybe the same fuse controls the bottom seat heaters and is blown?i haven't the slightest clue why both front seats have the same issue in the same place. Maybe it's part of this recall issue that you posted?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE