exhaust system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VicYukon

Reaction score
Supp guys so I was wondering what mufflers good sound good on my 1996 GMC Yukon since my mufflers have a hole on them and I have to replace them. I would prefer something that sounds deep but I'm open to ideas thanks in advance because I don't have a club on what do.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Theres alot for our hoes. My old silvi had magnaflows. My hoe has a dual in dual out flowmaster 40s and sounds pretty good. The silvi i picked up has a aftermarket exhuast and sounds good on the outside and no cabin noise. Gotta check what it is but im probably gonna run no cat just flowmaster on my hoe

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
well for flowmaster series 40 are louder then series 50 which more of a big block type sound. in the interior of the vehicle 50 gives less drone effect. on the outside 50 sounds like it is kinda muffled but moving a lot of exhaust flow. otherwise they produce the same power gains and flow.

since you have a 4dr unit flowmaster has a cat back kit 17166 that has the 50 series on it. here is a flowmaster video on it and two from me.

IMAG0590.gif
IMAG0591.gif

IMAG0587.gif

IMAG0585.gif

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSb-ztiiPmc

http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Sunlitcomet/media/VID_20121228_101638.mp4.html

http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Sunlitcomet/media/VID_20121228_101348.mp4.html

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
yes but was loose in the box. end user is expected to assemble with included straps which are also nice. soory about no pic with it on before installed. was done after section was chassis mounted.

McFizzl

Broke as a Joke.
Reaction score
Im gonna hop in here and recommend you listen to a Cherry Bomb Vortex muffler. It is not a glass pack and sounds nothing like one. If you are on a budget thrush sounds very nice as well. Going expensive then Borla, Bassani(not really used on trucks), or Corsa.

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 97 Yukon 4 door has a dual in single out magnaflow and I love it. Not much drone at all and it's not show-off loud. Just a little throaty compared to stock at take off and higher rpm and not noticeable cruising on the highway.

OP
OP
V

VicYukon

Reaction score
On right now are 2 flowmasters 40 series single in single out that I have to replace cause a whole was thinking of just replacing with the same. But I want something loud and deep but not as loud as straight pipes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hunter72

Latest posts