Exhaust Manifold Bolt Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KWIKNVA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, I've been struggling with this engine knock in my 09 Yukon Denali. I've decided to take it into the dealer. Service adviser almost with out hesitation thinks I have a collapsed lifter. So maybe in a week I'll know for sure.

I also will have my exhaust manifold bolts replaced as I have a broken bolt that has sheared off. I'd rather not go with the OE bolts from the dealer. Parts guy says replacement bolts are a upgraded quality from what left the factory.

Has anyone had good luck with the OE replacement bolts? I think aftermarket will be the better decision for peace of mind. I think I'll order a set of ARP bolts. Anyone have the ARP part number for set of 12? I could only find sets of 5. 15 ARP bolts are still cheaper than 12 GM bolts.

Thanks

joshcarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ARP p/n 134-1101, 134-1102, and 134-1201. the differences are length and/or head type.

OP
OP
KWIKNVA

KWIKNVA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks! Unfortunatley this part numbers are for bolts UHL 25mm & 20mm. Dealer specs are M8 - 1.25 - UHL 30mm.

Last edited:

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For your exhaust manifold bolt, you should NOT buy from dealer. GM provides lower grade exhaust manifold bolt, Class 8.8. You must go to after market one, which is Class 10.9.

Get flange cap style bolt, it will be easy to install with deep socket.

If you have difficulty to find Class 10.9, please contact me via PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baldaurk