Exhaust Cutout(s)? - Anybody?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Acosta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen there are tons of these pre-built electric exhaust cut-outs available on ebay that are pretty inexpensive. Does anybody run one or two of these in their Tahoes? I actually like the quietness of my Tahoe. I have a Big Block Chevelle if I want that constant loud rumble, but wouldnt mind something like this in my Tahoe if I could activate periodically. Would/does this throw the computer all out of whack?

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen there are tons of these pre-built electric exhaust cut-outs available on ebay that are pretty inexpensive. Does anybody run one or two of these in their Tahoes? I actually like the quietness of my Tahoe. I have a Big Block Chevelle if I want that constant loud rumble, but wouldnt mind something like this in my Tahoe if I could activate periodically. Would/does this throw the computer all out of whack?
I just bought this vacuum actuated cutout for my 2000 to go right on after the cats and before a Magnaflow 12589. I had an electric cutout on a 2004 F150 back in the day and it was awesome for about a month...then one day it just quit working. So I looked under the truck to check it out and the whole damn motor had just fallen off. I heard they couldn't take the heat well. But supposedly the vacuum actuated ones can. So as soon as it gets here next week, I'll post an update. Oh and as long as you mount it after the cats, it shouldn't mess with your computer or anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick