Esky 3rd break lights ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phil DeVtec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you Filipino? The tattoo says so...

BTW...I have the same mod. Mine flickered and it turned out I wasn't getting enough power to it and had to slave a wire from my driver's side brake light. It's been perfect since.

Vegasf6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just saw this post. Haven't been on in a bit.
Anyhow, the good news is yah me and Teddy got it all working, no problems.

This has been an ongoing issue that I thought was solved but I guess not. Every now and then I run into a car that the factory 3rd brake light wires just can't supply enough current for the new modified brake light. But the light works perfect on the bench, or connected directly to the battery, or the cig lighter etc. It kicks on then immediately kicks off again etc etc effectively working as pulse width modulation. I haven't been able to discover any pattern in the make of vehicle or the year involved.

I had been letting people know this was a possibility, but then it hadn't happened in so long I thought perhaps the problem was solved with my newest batch of parts.
The good news is though, if it does happen we only need to tap into the blue and black wires behind the left tail light and that has solved the issue in every case.

Thanks again Teddy!

alpha5thgroup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Esky 3rd Tail Lamp Mod

How much was the mod? I sent an email to Vegas but I am still waiting for the response. I'm a newbie and I hate to ask the dumb Q. What is the difference between the mod and using the replicas off Ebay.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a newbie and I hate to ask the dumb Q. What is the difference between the mod and using the replicas off Ebay.

The OEM one (and replica) only light up in the middle. To get it to light up all the way across you have to mod it

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much was the mod? I sent an email to Vegas but I am still waiting for the response. I'm a newbie and I hate to ask the dumb Q. What is the difference between the mod and using the replicas off Ebay.

No difference. U have to mod either of them. Oem just tends to be better quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo