Escalade Auto/Express Up Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but found it searching for alternative window regulator part numbers and brands for my '13 Escalade ESV and bumping for clarification.

I need to replace the window regulators on both the front driver and passenger side doors of my '13 Escalade ESV. I do have one touch all the way up and down on both the front doors.

GM OEM window regulators are discontinued: GM 20971729 and 20971730.

Doing some digging there are some window regulators that cross over for the Escalade, Suburban, Yukon and even Sierra, Silverado, and Avalanche.

If I were to purchase a GM OEM alternate window regulator from another GM SUV platform or even a Dorman equivalent would I lose the power window one touch up and down on my '13 Escalade ESV?

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The regulator itself is the same but the motors are different and the connector on the motor is different as well as the door module so you can’t just delete the express up without changing the whole door harness and door module as well. There are plenty of used ones on eBay. That’s where I got mine from. All 09-14 Escalades have the express up.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response @91RS ; Was really hoping to get my hands on a new GM OEM part, but used may be the only option. Rockauto had a Dorman 751-700 on closeout for $100 yesterday, but somebody scooped it up late last night or this morning.

I did notice that there are different connections to the motors on the various window regulators; Some are a 2-pin connector and some are a wider 6 pin connector.

Last edited:
OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Dorman is a reman if I remember correctly. What’s wrong with yours? If it’s just the cables snapped in the regulator, you can buy a new regulator for a Tahoe or Yukon and just swap your motor and then everything is new minus the motor.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My window rolls up and down fine, but the glass is loose in the track. When the window is down it rattles in the track when opening closing the door, it's made contact in a few small spots and messed up my window tint.

I haven't yet actually removed the interior door panel to inspect it.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can buy a new regulator for a Tahoe or Yukon and just swap your motor and then everything is new minus the motor.

Can I purchase manual window regulators then swap my motor onto these?
Or do I need to purchase power window regulators that likely have the wrong motor plug/connection and swap my motor onto the power window regulators?

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure how the manual mechanism is made, so I am not sure.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I purchase manual window regulators then swap my motor onto these?
Or do I need to purchase power window regulators that likely have the wrong motor plug/connection and swap my motor onto the power window regulators?
you CAN buy just a regulator only and swap your motor onto it, they are probably $30-35 at any auto parts store
I just looked on RA which is usually slightly cheaper than a retailer and looks like prices have gone up a little so more like $40-50

I don't think I have seen a manual window on a gm suv in over 24 years, maybe on some obs's but I guess they exist

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was assuming he was asking because he wants an OEM regulator and not aftermarket. I would get a used OEM regulator before I’d buy a aftermarket one. You could get manual windows in a strippie GMT-900 Silverado or Sierra.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was assuming he was asking because he wants an OEM regulator and not aftermarket. I would get a used OEM regulator before I’d buy a aftermarket one. You could get manual windows in a strippie GMT-900 Silverado or Sierra.
aftermarket regulators are usually fine and may even come with a lifetime warranty. (the cardone do)
it's the aftermarket motors that are pure crap, I would grab a 20 year oem motor before grabbing the crap they pop out now, nothing but plastic with maybe a metal bracket to keep it from disentigrating on the first use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia