Eroor code PO455?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could these pieces going out make the MPG become worse than its supposed to be?

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it got up into the 50's in NYC today and BAM the code came back. gonna swap out all these pieces and report back couple weeks SMH. ordered the pieces swapping out next week.

Last edited:

oldchev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this irritating code. Gas cap was nofix. The vent valve in the rear was the issue first time. I tested it on the bench with 12v to apply and release. Seemed fine dust/dirt was in the solenoid keeping it from working. I used air and spray cleaner to get it working. Without resetting and clearing the code it reset itself after a few miles. I eventually replaced it. The next time this happened it was the purge valve on top of the intake manifold. That was not working no matter what so I replaced it. Next would be a "smoke test" to verify if a vent line was cracked or leaking. Smoke would also have found the open vent valve.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had this code twice. Both times it cleared on its own though but the first time I found a TSB about fine dirt clogging the vent valve if you drive on dusty roads which I do at times so I changed it. It didn't look dirty. Then a year later the code came back but I think it was just a gas cap that wasn't tightened all the way. It went away and hasn't come back. The code not the gas cap lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia