Engine Noise Coming Through Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2008 Yukon SLT 5.3

About 60% of the time while driving and listening to the radio, you hear this engine noise/engine rev coming through the speakers. Seems to happen randomly. If I turn the rear radio controls on where just the front speakers are on, the noise stops.

I wonder if I need to pull the rear unit out of the console or check each rear speaker for a loose or disconnected wire? Any ideas where to start?

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an inconsistent ground wire.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Pop the rear audio control out of the back of the console. Unplug the connectors and look for the 2 bare wires in the audio plug. I believe they are pin 13 and 15 if my memory serves me but they should be right above each other. Now find those pins on the back of the control panel you unplugged and very carefully pry them apart, the idea is to make them fit tighter into the plug. Now plug it back in and you should not have a problem any more.

As another member mentioned, it's a poor ground.

I did this months ago and haven't had a problem since. Good luck and let us know if this fixes your problem. It should only take 5-10 mins start to finish.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094