Engine knocking???2003 yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daveed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a knocking sound coming from my engine. My oil pressure is fine according to the obd2(my dash gauges are broken). So the YouTube fix is out the window. It seems like its coming from the bottom more than the top. Any suggestions? Its driving me nuts.

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesnt sound good,.. how many miles on the vehicle

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pronounced bottom end "KNOCK" can be a rod knock,.... which basically spells the end of that motor.

OP
OP
D

Daveed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With a 130k miles on it? Thats not much life out of this engine but i dont know how the previous owners treated it either. Im really hoping its anything but that...

Pronounced bottom end "KNOCK" can be a rod knock,.... which basically spells the end of that motor.

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're correct.....130k is not much,... any way to do a sound clip,... even more helpful if you can do it from under the truck.

OP
OP
D

Daveed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You're correct.....130k is not much,... any way to do a sound clip,... even more helpful if you can do it from under the truck.

It says:
"The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension"

I cant upload the sound...

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
host the vid on youtube or the likes, then embed or just paste the link for any other hosting sites.